The 24th District Court Starts E-Filing December 5, 2023!
E-Filing is MANDATORY for attorneys on ALL CIVIL CASE TYPES
Please note that only a 24th District Court Officer MUST serve the following:
• Orders of Eviction
• Orders to Seize Property
• Show Causes
• Bench Warrants
- ALL separately captioned documents must be filed as separate documents in a bundle.
For example: Notice of Motion Hearing, Motion and Brief are three separate documents in the same bundle.
- Proposed Stipulations and Orders must be submitted as one document, not as a separate Stipulation and a separate Proposed Order.
- Proposed Orders related to a Motion scheduled for hearing should be labeled “proposed order” and included with the motion document and NOT filed as a separate TrueFiling Document.
- A separate Proof of Service is not needed if the other party/parties are registered users of the MiFILE system and are selected to receive service at the time of filing within MiFILE.
- A separate current summons document is required at the time a complaint is filed.
- When entering address information, please refrain from entering the full name of the firm and/or business and any c/o information. The party name (that will become the case caption) and mailing address are the only elements needed and required. Entering more than the required information will cause a delay in processing documents.
Please feel free to visit the links below for information provided by MiFILE:
- MiFILE Filer Information
- MiFILE Resources
- MiFILE Tutorials
- Training Videos
- Training Schedule (attorneys: please sign up for training if you are not already using MiFILE)
- Quick Reference Guide
- MiFILE Brief 11 re: E-Service and E-Notification
- MiFILE Support
- Getting Involved – Click here to get up-to-date information directly from SCAO
- MiFILE Login Page